openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Is Open Office Going Away?
Date Sat, 21 Sep 2019 20:33:51 GMT
Am 18.09.19 um 17:16 schrieb Mike Kuldayev:
> I'm working in an online school and our teachers frequently encourage
> their students to download Open Office for free from your homepage.
> Recently, I've got wind that Open Office might be going away and/or
> students won't be able to download it for free in the near future. So, I
> just wanted to follow up with you to see if that's truly the case or
> just empty rumor?

you have a great timing.

Today we have published a new release[1][2].

And this is the best proof that the project cannot be not dead. Isn't
it? ;-)

Apache OpenOffice was, is and will be available for free for everyone.

[1] http://www.openoffice.org/download/
[2] https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/announcing-apache-openoffice-4-13

Marcus