openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [vote] AOO417-RC1​
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2019 16:25:09 GMT
I think the normal 3days makes sense... What does everyone else think?

> On Sep 12, 2019, at 7:26 AM, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote:
>
> How long will you allow for testing of the Linux builds between the rebuild and releasing
them?

> Patricia
>
>> On Sep 11, 2019, at 18:30, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
>>
>> If RC1 passes, and I do think it is a Good Idea to have a longer-than-normal vote,
then the macOS and Windows builds will move, as-is, to the release state; The Linux binaries
will be rebuilt, but with no code changes at all, to fix the git short-hash inconsistency
between macOS/Win and the Linux builds (the Linux builds use a 7digit hash but the macOS and
Windows use a 10digit one, so the About splash pages will show slightly different "versions"
(although source code-wise, they are bit-bit exact)

>>> On Sep 11, 2019, at 5:48 PM, Peter Kovacs <petko@Apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Matthias,
>>>
>>> I m sorry I am super nervous about the 12th and I feared with all the discussion
that we will not vote at all or to late.
>>> So I just started it.
>>> The rc was announced by Jim on the 6th Sept. with the intend to start a vote
on Monday.
>>> There was this discussion but it ended with the agreement that we can move on
as is. The views did not differ so much.

>>> How about the vote proceeds until Jim catches up and then Jim can set the end
date. We have the vote going and people can come and test. I am happy if we have more testers
then the last time.