openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: [vote] AOO417-RC1​
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2019 11:26:11 GMT
How long will you allow for testing of the Linux builds between the rebuild and releasing them?

Patricia

> On Sep 11, 2019, at 18:30, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
>
> If RC1 passes, and I do think it is a Good Idea to have a longer-than-normal vote, then
the macOS and Windows builds will move, as-is, to the release state; The Linux binaries will
be rebuilt, but with no code changes at all, to fix the git short-hash inconsistency between
macOS/Win and the Linux builds (the Linux builds use a 7digit hash but the macOS and Windows
use a 10digit one, so the About splash pages will show slightly different "versions" (although
source code-wise, they are bit-bit exact)

>> On Sep 11, 2019, at 5:48 PM, Peter Kovacs <petko@Apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Matthias,
>>
>> I m sorry I am super nervous about the 12th and I feared with all the discussion
that we will not vote at all or to late.
>> So I just started it.
>> The rc was announced by Jim on the 6th Sept. with the intend to start a vote on Monday.
>> There was this discussion but it ended with the agreement that we can move on as
is. The views did not differ so much.

>> How about the vote proceeds until Jim catches up and then Jim can set the end date.
We have the vote going and people can come and test. I am happy if we have more testers then
the last time.