openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kovacs <leg...@posteo.de>
Subject Re: [vote] AOO417-RC1​
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2019 19:51:39 GMT
+1

On 12.09.19 18:25, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I think the normal 3days makes sense... What does everyone else think?
>
>> On Sep 12, 2019, at 7:26 AM, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote:
>>
>> How long will you allow for testing of the Linux builds between the rebuild and releasing
them?

>> Patricia
>>
>>> On Sep 11, 2019, at 18:30, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> If RC1 passes, and I do think it is a Good Idea to have a longer-than-normal
vote, then the macOS and Windows builds will move, as-is, to the release state; The Linux
binaries will be rebuilt, but with no code changes at all, to fix the git short-hash inconsistency
between macOS/Win and the Linux builds (the Linux builds use a 7digit hash but the macOS and
Windows use a 10digit one, so the About splash pages will show slightly different "versions"
(although source code-wise, they are bit-bit exact)

that we will not vote at all or to late.
on as is. The views did not differ so much.

end date. We have the vote going and people can come and test. I am happy if we have more
testers then the last time.