openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@FreeBSD.org>
Subject Re: C++ standard when building OpenOffice
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2019 21:27:57 GMT
Hi;

Some notes, which I don't expect will be particularly useful ...

- I recall one of the reasons for using Boost and not the native STL was
that the old MSVC compiler (the one AOO still uses) is poor on standards
compliance. It may be that the internal Boost can be updated a bit more
but it has to be tested on the Windows build.

- Microsoft's STL implementation is now open source and clang is supported:

https://github.com/microsoft/STL

- While FreeBSD PowerPC is a moving target, the destination is clang,
spending time on the GCC build there is probably a waste of time:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/powerpc/llvm-elfv2

- Rust is really interesting :).

Pedro.