openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org>
Subject Re: macOS Notarization test builds
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2019 11:39:57 GMT

> On Nov 1, 2019, at 7:35 PM, Dave Fisher <wave@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Jim,
>
>> On Nov 1, 2019, at 7:18 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>>
>> I don't mind spending some cycles on figuring out how to sign the actual app before
it's packaged into the dmg...

> Sure we can see if that makes a difference, but the first question is if notarization
makes any difference on any macOS from before 10.15.

> See https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/technotes/tn2206/_index.html
>
> Look at “Signing Disk Images”
>
> I think further exploration involves looking into how GateKeeper has changed with each
macOS version.

This resource might help too.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/notarizing_your_app_before_distribution

Regards,
Dave

> Regards,
> Dave
>

>> Does anyone know if there is a build.pl option that sez "stop before packaging"?
I don't see any from what I can see...

>>> On Nov 1, 2019, at 7:11 AM, Dave Fisher <wave@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Jim,
>>>
>>> It worked for Catalina and that is the goal. I don’t think a difference should
be expected for macOS prior to 10.15.

>>> Please check with Apple Developer documentation before letting FUD get you!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

such that they do not trigger Gatekeeper; that is, they should result in AOO opening on macOS
without any warning about unknown developer.

of signing, notarizing and stapling the DMG we will need to do the actual app itself, which
means some changes to the actual AOO build and packaging process... which I hope we don't
need :)

creating the binary and the packaging... something like: