openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: macOS Notarization test builds
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2019 11:18:58 GMT
I don't mind spending some cycles on figuring out how to sign the actual app before it's packaged
into the dmg...

Does anyone know if there is a build.pl option that sez "stop before packaging"? I don't see
any from what I can see...

> On Nov 1, 2019, at 7:11 AM, Dave Fisher <wave@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Jim,
>
> It worked for Catalina and that is the goal. I don’t think a difference should be expected
for macOS prior to 10.15.

> Please check with Apple Developer documentation before letting FUD get you!
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> On Nov 1, 2019, at 6:40 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:

that they do not trigger Gatekeeper; that is, they should result in AOO opening on macOS without
any warning about unknown developer.

notarizing and stapling the DMG we will need to do the actual app itself, which means some
changes to the actual AOO build and packaging process... which I hope we don't need :)

>>> Nope, sorry (macOS 10.14.6). Still complains. Signing the DMG is not enough.
>>>

>> As I feared... I'll start looking at where to plug-in the additional steps.
>>
>> Most likely, we'll need to separate out, functionally in the build setup, creating
the binary and the packaging... something like: