openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org>
Subject Re: macOS Notarization test builds
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2019 11:11:22 GMT
Jim,

It worked for Catalina and that is the goal. I don’t think a difference should be expected
for macOS prior to 10.15.

Please check with Apple Developer documentation before letting FUD get you!

Regards,
Dave

> On Nov 1, 2019, at 6:40 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 31, 2019, at 5:20 PM, Branko Čibej <brane@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 31.10.2019 19:49, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>> Located at
>>>
>>>   https://home.apache.org/~jim/AOO-builds/AOO418-macOS-test/
>>>
>>> Are some test macOS dmgs that should be correctly signed and notarized such that
they do not trigger Gatekeeper; that is, they should result in AOO opening on macOS without
any warning about unknown developer.

>>> Please check that this does, in fact, happen ;) If not, then instead of signing,
notarizing and stapling the DMG we will need to do the actual app itself, which means some
changes to the actual AOO build and packaging process... which I hope we don't need :)

>> Nope, sorry (macOS 10.14.6). Still complains. Signing the DMG is not enough.
>>

> As I feared... I'll start looking at where to plug-in the additional steps.
>
> Most likely, we'll need to separate out, functionally in the build setup, creating the
binary and the packaging... something like: