openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Time for some test tarballs/developer releases for 4.1.8-dev and 4.2.0-devm2
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2020 16:43:56 GMT
On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 16:07:53 +0000
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 16:54:21 +0100
> Matthias Seidel <matthias.seidel@hamburg.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi Jim,
> >
> > Am 06.01.20 um 16:18 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> > > Hmmm... Is this using one of our test builds, something from our buildbots,
or your own build?

> > In my case (Ubuntu 19.10) it was a build from our bots.
> > I am just setting up a new VM and will do further tests.
> >
> > On Ubuntu 18.04 there are no problems, but 20.04 will be released in April.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >    Matthias
>
> There is one problem in Xubuntu 18.04.X - start openoffice4 in a terminal, and there
are several messages during program execution as follows:

> ** (soffice:16311): WARNING **: 16:05:20.749: Unknown type: GailWindow
>
> This does not seem to cause problems, but there ought not be spurious messages - remember
Aesop and the boy who cried "Wolf"!

There are two files in AOO source which use GailWindow.  These are
/main/vlc/unx/gtk/a11y/atkbridge.cxx, and in the same folder atkwindow.cxx.

Not understanding c++ I can't be of more help.

Rory

> Rory

getingt some feedback on the current state is helpful too.