openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: repository archeolo-git needed
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2020 18:12:08 GMT
Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Somewhat later Herbert Duerr actually made an exercise of a faithful
> translation :
> https://archive.fosdem.org/2014/schedule/event/exploring_openoffice_history_using_git_grafts/
> last time I talked to him, he mentioned the resulting file was at minotaur

I have a genuine, unmodified, copy of Herbert's work in case someone
finds it useful. I can upload it to an ASF space upon request.

> It would be really nice to take the above and rebase our current
> repository on top of it.

It would be nice for sure. It would also expand the repository size, but
git is very good at this so the impact might be negligible. As usual,
the biggest problem is finding someone who wants to do the work! One
could also do an experimental rebase and put it online somewhere, no
need for this to be "official" (or better: no need for this to be
"official" from the start).

Regards,
   Andrea.