openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Marcum <carl.b.mar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] fix broken dev guide pages
Date Wed, 13 May 2020 16:19:46 GMT

On 5/13/20 12:10 PM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> On 5/13/2020 10:07 AM, Carl Marcum wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> There are quite a few pages in the developer guide that display as blank.
>> I believe this problem goes back to an upgrade that was done to the wiki.
>>
>> After some recent testing I believe the issue is with a custom plugin of
>> ours referred to as IDLTags.
>> This plugin uses tags in the wiki like <idlmodule> and <idlm> to
>> generate links back to the IDL documentation.
>>
>> There was a page for it but it was removed in 2012 so I can't find more
>> information on it.
>> I have no idea where the code for it is.
>>
>> As this issue has a few birthdays now I propose a workaround to edit the
>> affected pages and replace these tags with hard links to the IDL
>> documentation.
>>
>> We could comment the changes with [IDL WORKAROUND] or something so we
>> could find them when the plugin problem is resolved.
>>
>> If this seems reasonable I'll seek lazy consensus after this.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Carl
> Carl;
>
> 	I believe the idea is a good one, but I have a question on how you
> propose to edit the pages to insert the workaround template. I am an
> administrator for the mwiki and I cannot access those pages to edit them.
>
> Regard
> Keith

Hi Keith,

It took me a while to figure out but I found that if you're logged into
the wiki and go to a broken page it displays blank but you can craft the
URL manually.
For instance to edit [1] you can use [2] to open it in edit mode.

[1]
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Spreadsheets/Spreadsheet_Documents

[2]
https://wiki.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Documentation/DevGuide/Spreadsheets/Spreadsheet_Documents&action=edit