openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Critical issue on forum.openoffice.org and Google Search
Date Mon, 11 May 2020 23:21:14 GMT

On 5/11/20 12:33 PM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Hi Kay,
>
> Am 11.05.20 um 21:23 schrieb Kay Schenk:
>> Hi Peter...
>>
>> Since I am a Google Search admin for www.openoffice.org, and
>> openoffice.apache.org, I got this also. Disclaimer: I have not done
>> ANY work with the Google Search apis on these sites in quite some time.
>>
>> I actually was NOT aware forum.openoffice.org was set up to use Google
>> Search until I saw this.
> I think, I added it to the list when we had a discussion about outdated
> information regarding SourceForge found by Google Search.
>
> But I don't have access to forum.openoffice.org, so I could never
> complete the step.
>
> Regards,
>
>     Matthias

OK. In the top level of the website source, there is a file called
"skeleton.html" which references the following bit of code --

<!--#include virtual="/scripts/google-analytics.js" -->

I didn't dig far enough to find how "skeleton.html" is used ( I forgot)
but this this is example for the google-analytics code snippet that is
used. Basically, this needs to be included in the site you want
analytics to be used on by putting it in the (header) files that
generate the site. And, you might  take a look at recent instructions
from Google. Things change.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008080

Regards,

Kay