openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From newlocale <homep...@newlocale.de>
Subject l10n / i10n Contributor
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 16:21:32 GMT
Dear Sir or Madam, I am a German native and have been in the
business of translating GUI en-de-ru for 10 years. Today, I
am writing a doctoral thesis at the Leipzig University on
how i18n issues affect the l10n process, or, even more
important, how one can design the i18n process to avoid
problems during the l10n stage. This is why I am curious how
the Apache OpenOffice Community handles / discusses i18n.

My own input could include localization of the OpenOffice UI
into German although I believe that my investigations may be
usefull for the community as well.

Best regards, Alexander Behrens

--
newlocale