openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice localization tasks
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 22:57:12 GMT
Hi Rob, *

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 05:57:15PM -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> Does this make sense as a general list of tasks for fully localizing
> OpenOffice for a language?
>
> 1. Translate UI strings in Pootle
>
> 2. Verify translations in a snapshot build of OpenOffice
>
> 3. Verify bundling of correct dictionaries
>
> 4. Verify other areas of localization:  sorting, number formatting,
> date formatting, string comparisons.   Anything else?  Should we have
> some standard test spreadsheets and other documents to help verify
> these areas?

Yes, we should search and write down a list of localized stuff, like
templates, autotext, color palettes, etc. Most of this is in the extras
module:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/extras/source/

In the user interface, some elements (toolbar icons, etc), help images
and dialogs require to be localized, see for example
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/default_images/res/

In short, if we deliver a new translation, every template should be
localized, also the color palettes, and so on (right now, that's not the
case, we are delivering some languages without a default dictionary, for
example Japanese).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile