openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: localize question
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 00:57:25 GMT
Hi Jan,

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 12:04:57AM +0200, jan iversen wrote:
> I am analyzing the current localization process and writing a detailed
> dcoument as a first step to change the process.
>
> The wiki page "localization for developers" states that:
>
> solenv/bin/localize_sl
>
> (description is without parameters)
>
> should be called to generate the central sdf file needed to generate .pot
> and .po files.
>
> However doing so, I get an error message stating that the executable misses
> options. I looked at the source (localize.cxx) and it do expect options.
>
> The wiki page states that the executable can be called directly as:
>
> localize -e -l en-US -f foo.sdf.
>
> THIS WORKS, and foo.sdf is generated at trunk level.
>
> I cannot find calls to localize* in the build scripts, which seems correct
> since the build is concentrating on the opposite direction.
>
> Can someone please enlighten me:
> - what is actually called to generate the central sdf file ?

This is what I could understand:

main/solenv/bin/localize calls the perl script on the solver, for
example:

main/solver/350/unxlngx6/bin/localize.pl

this one is delivered from l10ntools: main/l10ntools/scripts/localize.pl

Then, localize.pl calls localize_sl, located also in the solver bin dir.
Search for "localize_sl" in l10ntools/scripts/localize.pl and you'll see
the command.

localize_sl is built from sources in main/l10ntools/source/ :

    localize.cxx
    utf8conv.cxx
    srciter.cxx
    export2.cxx
    file.cxx
    directory.cxx
    treeconfig.cxx
    inireader.cxx

You get this information from reading the makefile.mk in that folder,
localize_sl is target APP9TARGET, and the object files are APP9OBJS,
etc.

> - is that (and the following calls) stored somewhere in a script ?

You can increase the build system verbosity if you configure with
--enable-verbose

If you build with ./build --html you get an html file in trunk/log and
all the output is stored per module in misc/logs , for example:
main/l10ntools/unxlngx6/misc/logs

Sometimes scrips and binaries have verbose options of their own, that is
not triggered anywhere, so you will have to hack the command to get more
output. For example, localize.pl has a $bVerbose variable set when
invoked with -v. In main/l10ntools/source/localize.cxx I couldn't find
a verbose switch.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile