openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Interest in translate Open Office from english to danish(dansk)
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2012 20:01:56 GMT
On 06/10/2012 C A wrote:
> I would like to help translate some of the Open Office to danish.

Welcome, Christian! Danish is at 97% so we are really close to release.

There are two actions you should do as first steps:

1) ooo-l10n is a discussion list, a very low-traffic one. Please
subscribe to it by sending an empty e-mail to
ooo-l10n-subscribe@incubator.apache.org and confirming you want to
subscribe (you will receive a confirmation e-mail). Otherwise you will
likely miss answers.

2) Get ready to translate. Download POEdit for your operating system
from http://www.poedit.net/ and then try to open a PO file: open
https://translate.apache.org/da/OOo_34/desktop/source/edit.html and
right-click the "Download" link for app.po, then open it in POEdit to
see the string that must be translated.

Once you are done with this, just write to ooo-l10n again and we
(likely, Juergen, our release manager) will provide you with the
complete set of files to be translated in order to bring translation at
100%. If you have any problems, just ask.

Regards,
   Andrea.