openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Translate 3.4.1 to danish.
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2012 17:49:18 GMT
On 07/10/2012 jan iversen wrote:
> Me and my wife are danish ...
> I understand you need help translating 3.4.1 since we would like to upgrade
> we would like to offer our help and expertize.

Hello, Jan, welcome! Just yesterday another volunteer, Christian (in
CC), mentioned he could help too. So a small team is building...

Here are the first steps, the same I sent Christian yesterday.

1) ooo-l10n is a discussion list, a very low-traffic one. Please
subscribe to it by sending an empty e-mail to
ooo-l10n-subscribe@incubator.apache.org and confirming you want to
subscribe (you will receive a confirmation e-mail). Otherwise you will
likely miss answers.

2) Get ready to translate. Download POEdit for your operating system
from http://www.poedit.net/ and then try to open a PO file: open
https://translate.apache.org/da/OOo_34/desktop/source/edit.html and
right-click the "Download" link for app.po, then open it in POEdit to
see the string that must be translated.

Once you are done with this, just write to ooo-l10n again and we
(likely, Juergen, our release manager) will provide you with the
complete set of files to be translated in order to bring translation at
100%. If you have any problems, just ask.

Regards,
   Andrea.