openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Translation into polish
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2012 17:57:29 GMT
Bartosz Kozanecki wrote:
> Hi, I'm intrested in translating Open Office into Polish, so if you can
> notify me what should I do to help the project it will be great.

Welcome! Another volunteer, Łukasz Żołnowski, contacted us last week.
I've put him in CC to keep him in the loop, so that we start a small
team for Polish translations.

The first two steps are quite standard. We will probably put them on a
web page, but for the moment you can find them below.

1) ooo-l10n is a discussion list, a very low-traffic one. Please
subscribe to it by sending an empty e-mail to
ooo-l10n-subscribe@incubator.apache.org and confirming you want to
subscribe (you will receive a confirmation e-mail). Otherwise you will
likely miss answers.

2) Get ready to translate. Download POEdit for your operating system
from http://www.poedit.net/ and then try to open a PO file: open
https://translate.apache.org/pl/OOo_34/desktop/source/edit.html and
right-click the "Download" link for app.po, then open it in POEdit to
see the string that must be translated.

Once you are done with this, just write to ooo-l10n again and we
(likely, Juergen, our release manager) will provide you with the
complete set of files to be translated in order to bring translation at
100%. If you have any problems, just ask.

Regards,
   Andrea.