openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Translation into polish
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 08:25:25 GMT
On 10/7/12 7:57 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Bartosz Kozanecki wrote:
>> Hi, I'm intrested in translating Open Office into Polish, so if you can
>> notify me what should I do to help the project it will be great.
>
> Welcome! Another volunteer, Łukasz Żołnowski, contacted us last week.
> I've put him in CC to keep him in the loop, so that we start a small
> team for Polish translations.
>
> The first two steps are quite standard. We will probably put them on a
> web page, but for the moment you can find them below.
>
> 1) ooo-l10n is a discussion list, a very low-traffic one. Please
> subscribe to it by sending an empty e-mail to
> ooo-l10n-subscribe@incubator.apache.org and confirming you want to
> subscribe (you will receive a confirmation e-mail). Otherwise you will
> likely miss answers.
>
> 2) Get ready to translate. Download POEdit for your operating system
> from http://www.poedit.net/ and then try to open a PO file: open
> https://translate.apache.org/pl/OOo_34/desktop/source/edit.html and
> right-click the "Download" link for app.po, then open it in POEdit to
> see the string that must be translated.
>
> Once you are done with this, just write to ooo-l10n again and we
> (likely, Juergen, our release manager) will provide you with the
> complete set of files to be translated in order to bring translation at
> 100%. If you have any problems, just ask.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

I have created a tar.bz2 package containing all po files for UI and Help.

http://people.apache.org/~jsc/sdf/aoo341_po_pl.tar.bz2

You can split it yourself and can remove helpcontent2 (help files) and
can concentrate on the UI files first if you like.

Please create a new issue and append the translated po files there (or a
link to another place) to coordinate the process. We have to merge the
files back, create sdf files and integrate them in the build.

Juergen