openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Translate 3.4.1 to danish.
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 12:54:07 GMT
On 10/8/12 2:35 PM, jan iversen wrote:
> "on demand only".
>
> Would it not be a better idea to have a group of people that helped
> translating before the release was official (alfa/beta versions).
>
> I have no problem translating  (danish) later versions as time goes by.

you probably get me wrong. I meant only to provide builds for new
languages for 3.4.1 on demand. Because 3.4.1 is already released. We
have to discuss if and how we can release further languages or if we
include it in the next release.

When we know which platform people need to review the translation we ca
provide either full install sets or language packs.

For future releases we will have a translation deadline in front of the
release and will provide developer snapshots for all supported languages
as we did in the past as well.

We are open for any new language and our goal is that we release only
languages where we have volunteers in the community who actively work
with us on the translation. It doesn't help to maintain unsupported
languages where we don't have the support from volunteers in the community.

Juergen