openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Polish translation (Re: Help I need an intelligent compare tool.)
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 06:49:16 GMT
On 10/10/2012 Przemko WP wrote:
> I got another question. In file aoo341_pl_20121010\pl\starmath\source.po
> there are many diffrent math functions and other things. Please tell me
> should the file contain logical symbols or just a english to polish
> translation?? For example "is less or equal to" should be translated
> normaly to polish or should by translated with a symbol like "<=".

Just keep things as they are. So if it is "<=" translate with "<=", if
it is a descriptive text like "is less or equal to" translate with words.

> Kozanecki has done a lot of translating and I'm doing the rest of it

Great that you are coordinating. And indeed further volunteers can be
very helpful for checking.

> I think that it would be
> very helpfull if we and other translator could have a chance to see how
> does our work effect look like in a life-working window.

When the process is more stable, we will have the so-called "KeyId"
(kid) builds. These versions have extended strings, like "Load [1234]",
so you can be sure of what instance of "Load" in the interface you are
translating. We don't have them available at the moment, unfortunately.
It might be (but I haven't checked with Juergen's files) that enabling
comments in POEdit you can see something referring to the context.

Regards,
   Andrea.