openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Norwegian Bokmål translation
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 15:47:35 GMT
On 10/12/12 5:20 PM, Jan Høydahl wrote:
> The translate page states that "...At that point we can make a special test build of
Apache OpenOffice for you to review." - would it be possible to do a test build for AOO Norwegian
so that Håkon and I can walk through each app and dialogue to verify things in a better context?

yes, I can do that which platform do you prefer? I will do it next week.

Juergen

> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com
> Solr Training - www.solrtraining.com
>
> 12. okt. 2012 kl. 16:23 skrev Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@gmail.com>:
>
>> On 10/12/12 3:52 PM, Jan Høydahl wrote:
>>> Ref http://markmail.org/message/4dql2nhrqfqr3mr3
>>>
>>> Hi Håkon and Jürgen.
>>>
>>> I've spent some time in Pootle the last few days and made my way through the
missing translations for Bokmål. I logged in with my ordinary Apache credentials (I'm a Lucene
committer), and was given access to submit translations, although the "approve/disapprove"
buttons for existing suggestions did not work.

>> it is a known bug (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4917) and
>> I am in contact with infra about. We have to update at least the Django
>> library on this machine. I am waiting on feedback from the infra guys
>> because I don't want to make changes on the production server without
>> agreement of them.
>>
>>> I also translated the whole BASIC app.po (which was un-translated) offline and
just uploaded it.

>> perfect.
>>

>>> So right now it looks as it's 100% complete. However, there are still quite some
warnings which shuould be reviewed, and I also saw that some of the existing translations
could need some loving care as well :) But this is a start.

>>> For you Håkon, perhaps you could do some Q/A in Pootle, or download a new dump
for offline editing, which includes my latest changes?