openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: volunteer
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 08:06:11 GMT
Hi Natalia,

first of all welcome at Apache OpenOffice and great that you are
interested to help us with the translation.

On 10/14/12 11:57 PM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> Hello Natalia at the moment we have documentation on localization on
> the Wiki as well as a pootle server. As a newcomer you are able to
> suggest translations strings for it. As you become a commiter you
> would be able to validate the strings and earn commit rights.

In principal correct but currently the suggestion feature is not
working. I expect that it will be fixed later this week.

There are already some other guys from Poland who have started to work
on the translation and it is probably a good idea to coordinate with
them the remaining work.

I have prepared a set of PO files for offline translation with POEdit or
other tools. But before you start you should check what have to be done.
As I mentioned there is some work ongoing.

I hope Grzegorz, Przemko can help you and can give an overview what's
open and what needs to be done. Probably reviewing the existing
translation is also a good task to get familiar with our translation
process. Especially when the suggestion feature is working later the
week, we can use it to do some review of the existing translation.

I will keep you all informed about the process.

Juergen