openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Should we change the Polish and Danish web pages?
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:22:00 GMT
On 11/10/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
> I previously put a note, in English, on the Polish and Danish home pages:

Yes, and with a few lines of HTML in those pages (actually, Polish,
Danish and Norwegian) you managed to recruit new volunteers and enable
50 million people to have an updated translation in their language.
Impressive, and something not to forget.

> c) Change the message to something else, perhaps in Polish or Danish,
> saying that translations are now in progress and further information,
> including calls for more help testing the translation, will be posted
> when available.

C is OK; I'd be for putting some text that still engages volunteers, on
the model of the Danish one. But let's make it clear that ooo-l10n is a
discussion list, by including a notice such as: "Notice: ooo-l10n is a
publicly archived discussion list; if you want to be sure that you don't
miss answers [subscribe instructions here]; or follow the archives
[archives link here]".

Regards,
   Andrea.