openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: localize question
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:46:01 GMT
On 10/16/12 11:44 AM, jan iversen wrote:
> Jürgen:
>
> I can see that you have updated the document, can you give me a hint on the
> chapter:
>
> "Update to new templates"
>

> I am confused:
>
> first we update the pootle server (sdf to po) using manage_py
> update_from_templates ...
> then the translators do their magic.

yes, we do that to have updated po files and an updated pootle server.
Pootle gives us a good overview about the current coverage for each language

> We then update the po files with manage_py sync_stores ..
> does this have to done for each language, or if language it not given it
> does it for all ?

I think it sync all languages if no language is specified

> The po files make their way back to sdf files.
>
> Now comes my confusion:
> why take the template files again (they have not changed) which are older
> than the po files we just generated ?

the tool requires the source sdf file for the conversion

> is there a step missing, to generate pot files from the NEW sdf files ?

no, see the second bullet point under roundtrip

2oo2po -P en-US.sdf templates" converts in pot files under the directory
templates

Juergen