openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: volunteer for turkish
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 07:52:02 GMT
On 10/23/12 6:39 PM, mehmet demir wrote:
> hi,
> I have got a pc since 1999 and used oo for more than 9 years since it had a
> version for win98se..
> I use it because it is free and I do not install cracked copies of
> microsoft office.
>
> I am familiar with office and some other pc software.
>
> I have checked the turkish version. most is completed but the ones not
> completed can be somehow may be away from my knowlegde.
> but to be sure I must see the original files. and if it will come to an end
> it is better to leave some sections"english" because I am sure the people
> who uses them have already known english.
>
> I would be glad to help you.
>
> best regards
> Mr. Mehmet Demir
>
> ps. will I get a permission email to start or will I start immediately
> to request PO file?  and, do the editing softwares run on windows, if they
> run on linux, I can not help you because I do not use linux..

Hi Mehmet,

first of all welcome at Apache OpenOffice. No, you need no further
permission you can simply start. But it is good to organize it in a way
that is best for all of us, you who work on the translation and others
who do the integration later.

Do you have experience with translation and po files already? Do you can
start work offline with for example POEdit? If yes I will prepare a set
of po files for you immediately.

Everything else can we see later...

Do you know other people who might be interested to help you? I think it
is always good to have more people working on 1 language, it's often
very useful to have people doing a review etc.

Or for example organize a translation party, coming together in one
place and work together on the translation. I remember 1 project in the
past where a group of people translated the whole office in 5 days or so.

In general we should think about ways to attract more volunteers and how
we can increase the fun factor.

But again welcome on board

Juergen