openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tracking translation volunteers on the wiki
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:15:47 GMT
2012/10/16 jan iversen <jancasacondor@gmail.com>

> Since I joined newly I have missed that.
>
> But then I question myself, why wiki pages like:
>
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Category:Localization
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Localization_for_developers
>
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/OpenOffice.org_Developers_Guide
>
> is  not located on cwiki. To me there is not much difference in theme,
> whether we talk "who" translates or "how to" translate,
>
> Can you see why I find things very confusing ?

You are completely right, of course. Those pages were started before the
move to Apache so they are at mediawiki. At some point we will need to
discuss how to manage this situation and move things where they really
belong... but that's a lot of work!

A good starting point is to put new pages on the right places. Note that
I'm not saying which is the right place (mediawiki or cwiki) for
translation related efforts: maybe we need to start to discuss this on a
new thread.

Regards
Ricardo