openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From jan iversen <jancasacon...@gmail.com>
Subject being a newbie is sometimes difficult.
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2012 16:09:03 GMT
I am getting slightly confused, can someone with more knowledge please
spent a few words to restore the world picture for a newbie !

During the last couple of hours, if have read mails that are more confusing
than helping, mainly because I think I have a different the background (in
old days apache was one very prof. project and openOffice another), so
please excuse my stupid questions, and please correct me if I should place
the questions elsewhere.

I thought openOffice was openOffice, but now I have learned there is
something called LO and something (which I think is the real thing) called
AOO, is that the "old" before apache version, and AOO is the apache world ?

There is also a l10n.openoffice,org homepage which suggest that there is a
project team thinking along the same lines as I do, but it has not been
updated since august 2008...have I missed something or am I doing parallel
work ?

What is the board doing, when I started working with open source long time
ago, it was all done in our spare time. Even when I worked with apache/AXIS
it seemed quite simple, but all this voting etc....

I have scouted around in apache.org, but do not find any answers I
understand, can anybody give me a hint where to read ?

Please bear over with a newbie, and cut me a bit of slack. When I start
investing time I do research, because I want to help and not to annoy
people.

have a nice sunday.
Jan I.

Ps. I am still working hard on the Localization document, and if the
compiler wasn´t playing with me I would be one step further.