openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From jan iversen <jancasacon...@gmail.com>
Subject Help I need an intelligent compare tool.
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 22:17:09 GMT
Hi.

I am working hard on the danish translation of 3.4.1 and have come across a
problem.

A lot of words/terms are used in several files (e.g. Cancel) and I need to
be sure that I have translated it identical across all files.

So is there a tool out there, that can read all .po files, make a list of
all english terms that occur in more than one file and for each of these
terms control that the translation is identical.

I know this is not perfect since the words can also appear within a text,
but it is a LOT better than just relaying on the brain.

I do not hope I have to write such a tool, even though it could be fun.

Hope to get some input fast.

have a nice night.
--
Jan Iversen