openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From jan iversen <jancasacon...@gmail.com>
Subject localize question
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 22:04:57 GMT
I am analyzing the current localization process and writing a detailed
dcoument as a first step to change the process.

The wiki page "localization for developers" states that:

solenv/bin/localize_sl

(description is without parameters)

should be called to generate the central sdf file needed to generate .pot
and .po files.

However doing so, I get an error message stating that the executable misses
options. I looked at the source (localize.cxx) and it do expect options.

The wiki page states that the executable can be called directly as:

localize -e -l en-US -f foo.sdf.

THIS WORKS, and foo.sdf is generated at trunk level.

I cannot find calls to localize* in the build scripts, which seems correct
since the build is concentrating on the opposite direction.

Can someone please enlighten me:
- what is actually called to generate the central sdf file ?
- is that (and the following calls) stored somewhere in a script ?

thanks in advance.

jan I.