openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From jan iversen <jancasacon...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Translate 3.4.1 to danish.
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2012 18:09:43 GMT
HI.

I have followed your instruction, installed poedit and tried to edit app.po
(including adding a project version). The translated file is attached.

So I should be ready to go.

How fast do you need the translation ?

rgds
Jan Iversen

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org>
Date: 7 October 2012 19:49
Subject: Re: Translate 3.4.1 to danish.
To: ooo-l10n@incubator.apache.org
Cc: jan iversen <jancasacondor@gmail.com>, Christian A <ca2job@yahoo.dk>

On 07/10/2012 jan iversen wrote:

> Me and my wife are danish ...
>
> I understand you need help translating 3.4.1 since we would like to upgrade
> we would like to offer our help and expertize.

Hello, Jan, welcome! Just yesterday another volunteer, Christian (in CC),
mentioned he could help too. So a small team is building...

Here are the first steps, the same I sent Christian yesterday.

1) ooo-l10n is a discussion list, a very low-traffic one. Please subscribe
to it by sending an empty e-mail to ooo-l10n-subscribe@incubator.**
apache.org <ooo-l10n-subscribe@incubator.apache.org> and confirming you
want to subscribe (you will receive a confirmation e-mail). Otherwise you
will likely miss answers.

2) Get ready to translate. Download POEdit for your operating system from
http://www.poedit.net/ and then try to open a PO file: open
https://translate.apache.org/**da/OOo_34/desktop/source/edit.**html<https://translate.apache.org/da/OOo_34/desktop/source/edit.html>and
right-click the "Download" link for app.po, then open it in POEdit to
see the string that must be translated.

Once you are done with this, just write to ooo-l10n again and we (likely,
Juergen, our release manager) will provide you with the complete set of
files to be translated in order to bring translation at 100%. If you have
any problems, just ask.

Regards,
  Andrea.

--