openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From jan iversen <jancasacon...@gmail.com>
Subject Localization process.
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2012 08:56:00 GMT
After a long mail discussion with J├╝rgen, I have decided to make a task of
trying to make the process more streamlined and robust.

Instead of just starting to change (getting rid of the sdf files) the code,
I have started to analyze the process in technical detail based on the
information from the web page:
"http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Localization_for_developers"

I would like to either write a new document or extent this document
(preferable) with the result of the analysis so we have one document that
describes the process (as it is today) in technical detail. While doing the
analysis I will also append to the issues list.

the updated document will hopefully be a good discussion ground for how to
solve the issues and thereby define how the process should ideally look
like.

The ideal process could then be documented in a copy of the document. With
this approach it will be easy for everyone to see where we are and where we
want to be.

With these two documents it will be easy to ensure that the code changes
brings us in the correct direction.

Is this a good approach, or should I do in in a different way ?

Where can I find the source document for the web page ?

I want to help, and do not want to put my foot down on anyone, so please
see this as an open question.

janI