openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Tracking translation volunteers on the wiki
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 13:05:06 GMT
On 10/16/12, jan iversen <jancasacondor@gmail.com> wrote:
> DonĀ“t misunderstand me, I think everybody does a nice job in getting us in
> the right direction.
>
> I agree with the structure as such, it is just at the moment a pain in the
> neck when you search information (and not to forget, my old horse, the
> multiple logins).

Is called transitional period. It seems Apache people dont want to
deal with PHP, something that Sun didn't mind as much. So most
infrastructure (Mediawiki, PHPBBs, Drupal) are in a virtual
environment at the moment.

Multiple logins have always been an issue in OOo as a whole, the idea
of implementing OpenID came out several times, but many people didnt
seem to mind just having multiple accounts, so it never gained
traction.

Now at apache, doesnt seem that different except for pootle that share
your commit credentials with http://people.apache.org but neither
forums, extensions or cwiki share these credentials.

> I am just writing the last pages on "localization of AOO" describing the
> current l10n process as ground work for a discussion on where we want to
> go.

Again this should be included in MWiki IMO so there is no 'old
localization' and 'new localization'. I suggest a good start would be
to create links between them and mark outdated information as such.
MWiki had special tags for this.

padding: 4px; text-align: left; font-weight: bold; margin-bottom:
20px;">
[[image:documentation_exclamation.png|40px]] This article is outdated.

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice