openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Tracking translation volunteers on the wiki
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:31:16 GMT
On 10/18/12, John Rudolf H. Rask <john.rudolf@gmail.com> wrote:
> The missing context of the translated text sometimes makes it impossibel to
> see if it is translatede right or not.
>
> If I have OO installed om my computer could I se where the text is in the
> program - based on the po filename and the path of the file?

Not really, thats why is important to have a good knowledge of the
application. There was a version that will show you the string ID:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/KeyID_Build

There is also the use and application of Mnemonics
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Mnemonics_Localisation

Some previous stuff is already written (outdated or not)
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Testing_my_translation
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Sanity_Check_Of_L10n_Builds

The 'new' process before the Oracle breakup was something called
'Continious l10n' which allowed localizers to be able to get
pre-release builds so there could be a visual confirmation of the
strings.
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/ContinuousL10n

> R5s
> John
>
> 2012/10/18 John Rudolf H. Rask <john.rudolf@gmail.com>
>
>> Does <caseinline select=\"MAC\">Æble</caseinline> mean that this
>> translation also works at mac computers?
>>
>> Asta luego
>> John

>>> the

>>> Since we are in this topic there is also another branch that would
>>> need to be updated -- eventually. Which is the l10n.openoffice.org
>>> website. This was updated back in 2010 and most of the update process
>>> was documented here:
>>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/L10n_Web_Pages_Reloaded
>>>
>>> We should use this docs as a framework to see in what stages we want
>>> to update the infromation and also to what extend. There is still a
>>> lot of infrastructure to be done specially on QA-Testing and release
>>> sync.

>>> us

>>> in
>>> the