openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: l10n / i10n Contributor
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2012 21:52:35 GMT
On 10/11/12, newlocale <homepage@newlocale.de> wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam, I am a German native and have been in the
> business of translating GUI en-de-ru for 10 years. Today, I
> am writing a doctoral thesis at the Leipzig University on
> how i18n issues affect the l10n process, or, even more
> important, how one can design the i18n process to avoid
> problems during the l10n stage. This is why I am curious how
> the Apache OpenOffice Community handles / discusses i18n.

I wonder what makes you choose OpenOffice in particular. Apache
Foundation handles almost a 100 projects  which some of them would
have l10n and l18n. Not to mention the other thousand projects outside
of Apache. At the moment OpenOffice is a bit of unique since is
generating new infrastructure and methodologies of handling l10n and
l18n.

So depending on what you looking for this could or couldnt be an ideal
project to look for. However, OpenOffice.org website documented
localization and internationalization processes even if these
processes are not followed at the moment.

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice