openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice localization tasks
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:42:02 GMT
Well there is the translation memory used in OmegaT which is one of
the most revered programs. PoEdit has some translation memory support.
http://www.omegat.org/en/omegat.html

I wonder if there is a way of having a cloud translation memory that
can be shared and used between the whole team. That will allow
translators to get their terminology on the same vein.

This could be done maybe even if there were cloud po editors. Pootle
editor does use some TM, but is also pretty poorly implemented. Some
UX improvements could go a long way.

Other things to keep in mind are nemonics and reserved functions like
Spreadsheet formulas.

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice