openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Tracking translation volunteers on the wiki
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 16:54:48 GMT
Well the process is not that hard, just need to do a site checkout.
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/source.html

If you are on linux, installing subversion-client will do and checkout

svn co http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/l10n/
localization

A GUI app for KDE is kdesvn and for gnome is RapidSVN and windows
there is TortoiseSVN.

Basically is a file explorer where you are able to update commit and
check the history of the file.

will do.

On 10/18/12, jan iversen <jancasacondor@gmail.com> wrote:
> You are quite right.
>
> But then I will have a hard time helping to change l10n.openoffice.org,
> even though it would be nice to get it done.
>
> jan.
>
> On 18 October 2012 18:31, Alexandro Colorado <jza@oooes.org> wrote:
>
>> On 10/18/12, jan iversen <jancasacondor@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I had a deeper look there and got one good question.
>> >
>> > Why do we keep l10n.openoffice.org ?
>>
>> Wiki is to work, website is the front of the project. Most projects
>> just keep 2 or 3 pages on the www while having many on the wiki.
>> Usually people enter through the www and then redirect to the wiki
>> eventually. (likewise u will think on Apache.org ->
>> openoffice.apache.org) However OOo probably has more visibility than
>> Apache in the real world.
>>
>> Static content such as processes, FAQ, and others were kept on the
>> www. While more dynamic information like Translating campaigns for
>> each version releases are on the wiki. Translating campaigns like:
>> Release 3.4
>>

>> > It would be easier to use the l10n page in wiki, combine it with
>> > information from l10n.openOffice.org and the localize wiki page.
>> >
>> > Just as a side remark, that would make it possible for me and others to
>> > contribute.
>> >
>> > jan

>> consult

>> and