openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Should we change the Polish and Danish web pages?
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 23:50:52 GMT
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 7:11 PM, jan iversen <jancasacondor@gmail.com> wrote:
> the l10n wiki page was just an example, there seems to be a lot of old
> stuff floating around originating from pre-apache times, some of this stuff
> has references which are no longer valid. This gives the impression of a
> halfway dead product, something many people for sure dont like to get !!
>
> the best marketing is the mouth to ear method and I would not like an
> outdated wiki to judge a brilliant product. So between all the
> adminstrative apache task it might be a good idea to close down some of
> these outdated pages.
>
> This is of course only my opinion (and maybe the fact that I used to do a
> lot of marketing for my companies).

Start from the main home page:  www.openoffice.org.  The links from
there, and 2 or 3 levels deep, should be good shape.  We know what the
most-common pages are, where the users really go to, and those pages
have received a great deal of attention and updating.

But that still leaves the "long tail" of other webpages that need
updating.  All we need now is a long tail of volunteers .... ;-)

Of course, what you say is correct.  But there is always more to do
than time to do it.  Code to write, tests to run, bugs to fix, etc.
Documentation always suffers.

-Rob