openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject OpenOffice localization tasks
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 21:57:15 GMT
Does this make sense as a general list of tasks for fully localizing
OpenOffice for a language?

1. Translate UI strings in Pootle

2. Verify translations in a snapshot build of OpenOffice

3. Verify bundling of correct dictionaries

4. Verify other areas of localization:  sorting, number formatting,
date formatting, string comparisons.   Anything else?  Should we have
some standard test spreadsheets and other documents to help verify
these areas?

5. Translate help strings.

6. Help update/maintain native language website, e.g.,
www.openoffice.org/de, etc.

7. Help translate release announcements, release notes and other
materials that help promote the new release

Any thing else?

Some languages do only 1-4, which is probably the minimum that will
give a good user experience.  Some languages are enabled for 5-7 as
well.  In areas where we have multiple volunteers this might be one
way of splitting up the effort.

Regards,

-Rob