openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Translate 3.4.1 to danish.
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2012 17:56:00 GMT
On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
> On 07/10/2012 jan iversen wrote:
>>
>> Me and my wife are danish ...
>>
>> I understand you need help translating 3.4.1 since we would like to
>> upgrade
>> we would like to offer our help and expertize.
>

> Hello, Jan, welcome! Just yesterday another volunteer, Christian (in CC),
> mentioned he could help too. So a small team is building...
>
> Here are the first steps, the same I sent Christian yesterday.
>
> 1) ooo-l10n is a discussion list, a very low-traffic one. Please subscribe
> to it by sending an empty e-mail to ooo-l10n-subscribe@incubator.apache.org
> and confirming you want to subscribe (you will receive a confirmation
> e-mail). Otherwise you will likely miss answers.
>
> 2) Get ready to translate. Download POEdit for your operating system from
> http://www.poedit.net/ and then try to open a PO file: open
> https://translate.apache.org/da/OOo_34/desktop/source/edit.html and
> right-click the "Download" link for app.po, then open it in POEdit to see
> the string that must be translated.
>
> Once you are done with this, just write to ooo-l10n again and we (likely,
> Juergen, our release manager) will provide you with the complete set of
> files to be translated in order to bring translation at 100%. If you have
> any problems, just ask.

Would it be possible to make available a 3.4.1 build with the
(partial) Danish translation?  With more than one person interested in
helping, it might be possible for someone to review the existing
translation while someone else adds the missing strings?

Or is there some other way to coordinate this?  It would be a waste to
have two people translate the same strings.

-Rob