openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Tamil translation
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2012 14:41:36 GMT
On 01/12/2012 Kadal Amutham wrote:
> Is translation into Tamil completed? Or it is yet to be taken? How many
> pages need translation?

Tamil is not bad (93%) and it can reasonably be completed by the
December 31st deadline if you would like to see OpenOffice 3.4.1
released in Tamil in January.

As it happens for the other languages, someone (very likely, still
Juergen!) will send to the list or to you the PO files for Tamil (ta) in
a few days and then you can start translating. In the meantime, you can
read http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/translate.html and read
it again once you received PO files and have POEdit open.

Note: especially for someone who frequently writes to mailing lists like
you, it is good to start a new conversation to help people who follow
mailing list traffic by discussion, or "threads". So, if we are
discussing Basque and you would like to start a discussion about Tamil,
it's better that you create a new message to l10n@openoffice.apache.org
with a subject like "Tamil translation", otherwise it may happen that
your message is buried in the discussion about Basque translation and
thus less visible. I did it now, so we now have a separate discussion
for Tamil translation.

Regards,
   Andrea.