openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Gisli Kristjansson <allout...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Icelandic
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 06:07:15 GMT
On 2.12.2012 20:10, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Gisli Kristjansson <alloutnow@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Is there any group now working towards an Icelandic translation?  If so, I
>> would like to participate.
>>
> Hello Gísli,
>
> First, you should subscribe to this mailing list.  Otherwise you will
> miss most messages regarding OpenOffice translations.  (You are only
> receiving this because I sent to you directly.)  To subscribe, send an
> email to L10n-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org.
>
> Second, the current state of the Icelandic translation is 98%
> complete.  So it is very nearly done.  With you help we can complete
> the UI translation and review it, and have it ready for release.
>
> Finally, if you are interested in helping (and it sounds like you are)
> please review this page which has more useful information on how we
> translate:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/translate.html
>
> We have a deadline of December 31st for translation completion, if you
> want Icelandic included in our AOO 3.4.1 update release.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob
>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Gísli
Hello Rob.

Yes I'm interested in contributing to working on the localization on
Icelandic, my native language.  This could become a fun hobby to
continue with this effort as an ongoing project.

Ok, I have subscribed to the mailing list:
"l10n@openoffice.apache.org".  Can you sign me up as a localization
contributor for Icelandic?  Do I need some clearance or access to begin
working on the translation?

Thanks,

Gísli

P.s.:  Is there really no one else working on the Icelandic
translation?  Strange!