openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Translate one and Add another
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:04:59 GMT
On 12/2/12 3:02 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 01/12/2012 Karwan Fendi wrote:
>> Yes, I can help with Arabic and I could, surprisingly, find the other
>> language in your list which is Kurdish!
>
> Great! You might want to recruit a small team sooner or later,
> especially for Kurdish where more work is needed, but it will be fine if
> you start alone too.
>
> Next week, someone (very likely Juergen) will provide you with PO files
> for Arabic (ar) and Kurdish (ku). Arabic needs less work, and it is
> actually already released; you may want to start from it. Kurdish, now
> at 67%, will take significant more work, and you might benefit from the
> help of someone else.
>
> Anyway, you can start translating as soon as you receive the PO files.
> Feel free to ask in case you have any doubts and, again, you will find
> information in
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/translate.html
> quite helpful to start.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

the po files for Arabic and Kurdish can be found under

Arabic=http://people.apache.org/~jsc/translation/aoo341_ar_po-files.tar.bz2
Kurdish=http://people.apache.org/~jsc/translation/aoo341_ku_po-files.tar.bz2

When you have finished the work please create a new issue and attach the
translated po files to this issue and assign it to jsc.

Juergen