openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Please report on your translation status
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 21:46:14 GMT
We have until 31 December or shortly after to complete the translations
for new languages to be released in January. An amazing number of
volunteers showed up, but it is time to check the status of ongoing
translations. I would like to complete
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Respin+for+additional+languages
by adding a status for each of the following translations.

Could volunteers (at least, those who already received PO files) say how
we should consider their translation?
- ABANDONED: they won't have time until the end of 2012, so we will
reassign the translation to the next volunteers who show up
- READY TO START: no work has been done yet, but the translator is
available and just needs some guidance/coordination/time
- ONGOING: in this case, we will direct to them all new volunteers who
join, so that it is possible to split work
- COMPLETED: so far, I think we have Danish, Polish (aside from some
integration fixes to be done) and Scottish Gaelic ready. Has any other
volunteer/team completed their work?

I will wait for 3 days, according to the normal Apache procedures, and
then I'll consider that we can reassign PO files for languages where no
work is being done, in order to allow new volunteers to help effectively.

Here is the list of languages:

Arabic (ar)
Assamese (as)
Asturian (ast)
Basque (eu)
Danish (da) - COMPLETED (jani)
English Australia (en_AU)
Greek (el)
Icelandic (is) - ONGOING
Kazakh (kk)
Kurdish (ku)
Norwegian Bokmal (nb)
Norwegian Nynorsk (nn)
Polish (pl) - COMPLETED (several volunteers)
Portuguese PT (pt_PT)
Scottish Gaelic (gd) - COMPLETED (Michael Bauer)
Swedish (sv)
Tamil (ta)
Turkish (tr)
Uighur (ug)
(I may have forgotten your language, just add it here!)

Regards,
   Andrea.