openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Introduction - Ravi Panamana
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 10:33:41 GMT
On 12/11/12 3:40 AM, Ravi Panamana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Ravi from India working as a software professional and would like to
> contribute to the Open Office Localization project in providing
> translations in Malayalam which is my mother tongue.
>
> My interests are reading, little bit of contributions to wikisource and I
> work in Java area.

Hi Ravi,

welcome at Apache OpenOffice and thanks for your interest to help us
with translations.

General information about the translation process can be found under
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/translate.html

I have already prepared Malayalan po files for offline translation which
you can find under
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/translation/aoo341_ml_po-files.tar.bz2

The coverage of the translation is currently at 77% for the UI. That
means 21036 words needs your attention to complete the translation for
the user interface. You should focus on the UI first and you can work
later on the online help files.

Please feel free to ask further question here on the list. Other
translation experts can help you with more detailed information.

Kind regards

Juergen