openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PT-BR for oo.apache.o
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 08:32:19 GMT
On 12/12/12 10:37 PM, Albino Biasutti Neto wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2012/12/12 Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>:
>> As you know, we already have a user-facing page on the website here:
>> openoffice.org/pt-br
>
> Yes. :-)
>
>> Would the new page be for project volunteers to coordinate?  If so,
>> some pages on the wiki might be easier.  But if you want
>> http://openoffice.apache.org/pt-br then that is fine also.
>
> News volunteers. I am doing enough marketing blogs and news sites
> around here, has appeared some users.
>
>> The CMS bookmarklet works with openoffice.apache.org pages also,  So
>> you just need to create a new directory for pt-br and put an
>> index.mdtext file inside.
>
> Done !
>
>           Albino

My opinion is that we should align the content on

www.openoffice.org/...
www.openoffice.org/pt-BR/...
www.openoffice.org/es/...
www.openoffice.org/it/...

Means have translated versions of the English pages. We can have one
news section on every localized page to spread some local news etc. But
the main content should be the same.

Coordination and information for volunteers should be moved in a special
localized area in the wiki.

Juergen