openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hebrew translation
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 19:54:34 GMT
On 11/12/2012 Shirley Khamani wrote:
> Will be happy to help
> Shirley Khamani

Welcome, Shirley! Hebrew is a language where we definitely need help,
and the user interface translation is at 92% so it would even be
feasible to have it translated by the next deadline (31st December or
so) and release OpenOffice 3.4.1 in Hebrew in January.

In order to translate you will need to receive the "PO files". Juergen,
our release manager, will very likely send them to you early next week,
please write again if you don't receive them.

In the meantime, there are a couple things you should do:

1) Please subscribe to the localization mailing list or you will miss
messages. To subscribe, just send an empty e-mail to
l10n-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org and respond to the confirmation
message you will receive. If traffic is too high, remember that you can
also subscribe to a "daily digest" (1 message per day) and ask us in case.

2) Read this page: http://openoffice.apache.org/translate.html ; it
describes the translation process and it will allow you to be
immediately productive when you receive the PO files early next week.

Regards,
  Andrea.