openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Volunteering for Translation - Tamil
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 23:13:12 GMT
On 14/12/2012 Kannan S R wrote:
> Hi,I am Kannan S R from Bangalore, India. I am working in Tata
> Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS). I would like to volunteer myself for
> translating Apache soft-wares to Tamil

Hi Kannan, I'm answering with the same message both you and SRkumar, who
wrote at the same time giving your availability to help with the Tamil
translation of OpenOffice.

Thank you, and you can start right now! Another Tamil-speaking
volunteer, Kadal Amutham (in CC), is now giving precious help with the
Tamil website and marketing, and will probably join you when finished
with the website.

The next steps you should take are:

1) Please subscribe to the localization mailing list or you will miss
messages. To subscribe, just send an empty e-mail to
l10n-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org and respond to the confirmation
request you will receive. If traffic is too high, remember that you can
also subscribe to a "daily digest" (1 message per day); ask us in case.

2) Read this page: http://openoffice.apache.org/translate.html ; it
describes the translation process.

3) Download the PO files for Tamil. You can find them at

http://people.apache.org/~pescetti/l10n/aoo341_ta_po-files-diff.tar.bz2

(note to Juergen: these are your same files, but I deleted Testtool and
the 135 files that are 100% translated, so volunteers won't be confused)

4) You will find about 140 small files. Agree with each other, in
private, on how to divide them between the two (and probably three when
Kadal joins) of you. If you need any help, just ask.

You could manage to get the UI (i.e., everything except the
"helpcontent2" dir) done by end of December, which means that we could
be able to make OpenOffice 3.4.1 in Tamil officially available in January.

Regards,
   Andrea.