openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Volunteering for Translation - Tamil
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2012 11:54:49 GMT
Kadal Amutham wrote:
> There are few pages in Tamil where the Tamil font is not properly rendered.
>   My suggestion is to use css for correct display of the Font. ...
> I am new to po files. Throw some lights on this.

Hi Kadal,
I've already tried to explain this, but I'll try to be clearer.

You are currently helping with the (important) task of
translating/fixing the
http://www.openoffice.org/ta
website. This has nothing, really nothing, to do with translating the
OpenOffice program into Tamil.

PO files are only needed to translate the OpenOffice program into Tamil.
This is what Kannan and SR Kumar will hopefully start now. Documentation
for working with PO files is available at
http://openoffice.apache.org/translate.html
but, again, it is not needed for what you (Kadal) are currently doing.
Of course, if after the website you have time to help with the program
translation I think your help will be welcome there too! But I'd
recommend to let Kannan and SR Kumar start this task now; it's good to
have several volunteers working in parallel on different tasks.

Regards,
   Andrea.