openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Volunteering for Translation - Tamil
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:26:30 GMT
On 12/15/12 12:13 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 14/12/2012 Kannan S R wrote:
>> Hi,I am Kannan S R from Bangalore, India. I am working in Tata
>> Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS). I would like to volunteer myself for
>> translating Apache soft-wares to Tamil
>
> Hi Kannan, I'm answering with the same message both you and SRkumar, who
> wrote at the same time giving your availability to help with the Tamil
> translation of OpenOffice.
>
> Thank you, and you can start right now! Another Tamil-speaking
> volunteer, Kadal Amutham (in CC), is now giving precious help with the
> Tamil website and marketing, and will probably join you when finished
> with the website.
>
> The next steps you should take are:
>
> 1) Please subscribe to the localization mailing list or you will miss
> messages. To subscribe, just send an empty e-mail to
> l10n-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org and respond to the confirmation
> request you will receive. If traffic is too high, remember that you can
> also subscribe to a "daily digest" (1 message per day); ask us in case.
>
> 2) Read this page: http://openoffice.apache.org/translate.html ; it
> describes the translation process.
>
> 3) Download the PO files for Tamil. You can find them at
>
> http://people.apache.org/~pescetti/l10n/aoo341_ta_po-files-diff.tar.bz2
>
> (note to Juergen: these are your same files, but I deleted Testtool and
> the 135 files that are 100% translated, so volunteers won't be confused)

ok, but I would prefer if we communicate the details and keep the po
bundles untouched. It makes the reintegration easier for me and I have
to do less.

I think the used tools for offline translation can take care of already
translated strings.

But it is no big problem, I just want to mention that with the upcoming
update for AOO 4.0 we will remove unused string anyway.

Juergen